Monday 30 November 2009

Meeting Other Interpreters

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you looking for a qualified and experienced Bengali / Sylheti
Interpreter ? An Interpreter with thousands of hours of experience
working at Courts, Police Stations, Solicitors' offices, Hospitals,
Prisons, Probation office,Home office, Film makers etc ?Interpreter
with very flexible attitude,willing to travel and accept jobs at short
notice and whose rates are very reasonable ? Then contact me Mohammad
Choudhury on 07832371577 or email me at mognichoudhury@yahoo.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lot of you interested in working as a Bengali/Sylheti interpreter have contacted
me over the last two months.I have given you names of some agencies and told you
about sites where you can register yourselves.I hope that has been helpful.Some of you have just contacted me to say that you enjoy reading my blog.Thank you for the
kind comments.
If I have not been able to call you back that is for two reasons.Either I have been very busy or I lost your contact details.See, if you call me at a time when I am busy, it is not always practical for me to save your phone number.So please do not get me wrong. I am not a snob and I have not ignored you deliberately.That's why I always urge you to contact me via email.That way,I can get back to you when I am less busy and also your contact details are more safely stored.
I am also embarrassed about deleting the email of a person who tried to get me a booking.I was not sure how to respond to it.Because if the person managed to send me the email then how they would need an interpreter for a driving test?If you are that person reading my blog now, I do apologize to you.You can contact me again and I will try to help you.If you have already passed your test, congratulations ! If you are going for your test soon, I wish you best of luck.
Last two months have been very interestting. I have met few excellent interpreters and have learnt from them some new skills.See, there is always something to learn.Again I have been to few places up and down the country.I have been to Scotland and gone past the Lochness (did not see Nessy though!), been to Southampton, Bournemouth,Northampton,Milton Keynes,Different parts of Essex and Hertfordshire, Luton and of course different parts of London.
In the next post I want to talk about some ethical issues and what not to do as an interpreter.Some interpreters are in trouble for doing some wrong things. When you start to work as an interpreter you want to avoid doing those things. Otherwise that gives the whole community a bad reputation and you personally could get into trouble as well.





No comments:

Followers